New Jersey News
Port Authority: Motorcyclist used fake plates to skip tolls
FORT LEE -- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says its police have caught a motorcyclist who allegedly used a fake license plate to evade tolls.
Port Authority spokesman All Della Fave says 29-year-old Alexander Chianurashvili of Cliffside Park, N.J. was on the George Washington Bridge and headed to New York when Officer Christopher Terranova stopped him around 5:45 p.m. Monday.
Della Fave says Terranova spotted a "flip device" on the motorcycle's back license plate. The device bars cameras from reading the plates as vehicles go through toll plazas.
Chianurashvili reportedly told Terranova he had bought the flip device online for $75. He was charged with theft of service and possession of burglary tools.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fort lee, port authority, new jersey news
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape