New Jersey News
Port Authority: Motorcyclist used fake plates to skip tolls
FORT LEE -- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says its police have caught a motorcyclist who allegedly used a fake license plate to evade tolls.
Port Authority spokesman All Della Fave says 29-year-old Alexander Chianurashvili of Cliffside Park, N.J. was on the George Washington Bridge and headed to New York when Officer Christopher Terranova stopped him around 5:45 p.m. Monday.
Della Fave says Terranova spotted a "flip device" on the motorcycle's back license plate. The device bars cameras from reading the plates as vehicles go through toll plazas.
Chianurashvili reportedly told Terranova he had bought the flip device online for $75. He was charged with theft of service and possession of burglary tools.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fort lee, port authority, new jersey news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos