New Jersey News
Port Authority: Motorcyclist used fake plates to skip tolls
FORT LEE -- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says its police have caught a motorcyclist who allegedly used a fake license plate to evade tolls.
Port Authority spokesman All Della Fave says 29-year-old Alexander Chianurashvili of Cliffside Park, N.J. was on the George Washington Bridge and headed to New York when Officer Christopher Terranova stopped him around 5:45 p.m. Monday.
Della Fave says Terranova spotted a "flip device" on the motorcycle's back license plate. The device bars cameras from reading the plates as vehicles go through toll plazas.
Chianurashvili reportedly told Terranova he had bought the flip device online for $75. He was charged with theft of service and possession of burglary tools.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fort lee, port authority, new jersey news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos