New Jersey News
Port Authority: Motorcyclist used fake plates to skip tolls
FORT LEE -- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says its police have caught a motorcyclist who allegedly used a fake license plate to evade tolls.
Port Authority spokesman All Della Fave says 29-year-old Alexander Chianurashvili of Cliffside Park, N.J. was on the George Washington Bridge and headed to New York when Officer Christopher Terranova stopped him around 5:45 p.m. Monday.
Della Fave says Terranova spotted a "flip device" on the motorcycle's back license plate. The device bars cameras from reading the plates as vehicles go through toll plazas.
Chianurashvili reportedly told Terranova he had bought the flip device online for $75. He was charged with theft of service and possession of burglary tools.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fort lee, port authority, new jersey news
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies 57 min ago
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall 58 min ago
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 19 min ago
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- FBI investigates hoax that sent SWAT teams to house 6 min ago
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gusty Wind
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos