New Jersey News
Port Authority: Motorcyclist used fake plates to skip tolls
FORT LEE -- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says its police have caught a motorcyclist who allegedly used a fake license plate to evade tolls.
Port Authority spokesman All Della Fave says 29-year-old Alexander Chianurashvili of Cliffside Park, N.J. was on the George Washington Bridge and headed to New York when Officer Christopher Terranova stopped him around 5:45 p.m. Monday.
Della Fave says Terranova spotted a "flip device" on the motorcycle's back license plate. The device bars cameras from reading the plates as vehicles go through toll plazas.
Chianurashvili reportedly told Terranova he had bought the flip device online for $75. He was charged with theft of service and possession of burglary tools.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, fort lee, port authority, new jersey news
- 2 men arrested in after incident with Pakistan plane 17 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Lingering flood waters create commuting headache
- Amanda Bynes arrested, allegedly tosses bong out window
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- Man fatally stabbed during dispute in Chelsea
- Man beaten by subway performers on F train in Astoria
- Brooklyn robber terrorizing teens with knife, box cutter
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series 41 min ago
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos