New Jersey News
Passengers escape NJ Transit bus fire in Old Bridge
OLD BRIDGE (WABC) -- A fire on a New Jersey Transit bus forced 28 passengers to escape onto Route 9 in Old Bridge Thursday morning.
Fire broke out in the rear of the bus, around the tire, as it traveled north just after 6 a.m.
The driver noticed flames from the back of the bus and pulled over near Schulmeister Road.
All 28 passengers all got off the bus without injury. They were placed on another bus.
The bus, on Route 132, was headed from Lakewood to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, old bridge, new jersey transit, bus, fire, new jersey news
- FDNY rescues worker trapped in Queens trench 9 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- Body found in lake where Conn. photographer went missing
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA