New Jersey News
Passengers escape NJ Transit bus fire in Old Bridge
OLD BRIDGE (WABC) -- A fire on a New Jersey Transit bus forced 28 passengers to escape onto Route 9 in Old Bridge Thursday morning.
Fire broke out in the rear of the bus, around the tire, as it traveled north just after 6 a.m.
The driver noticed flames from the back of the bus and pulled over near Schulmeister Road.
All 28 passengers all got off the bus without injury. They were placed on another bus.
The bus, on Route 132, was headed from Lakewood to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
new jersey, old bridge, new jersey transit, bus, fire, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow changes to rain and ice, causing slick roads 1 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- New warning about potentially dangerous toys
- MTA announces new safety measures after Metro-North derailment
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Giants playoff hopes eliminated after Chargers loss
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG
- Photos: Wintry Mix Hits Tri-State Area
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos