New Jersey News
39 children injured in school bus accident
PARSIPPANY, N.J. -- State police say 39 children from a Pennsylvania sports camp sustained minor injuries in an accident involving four school buses on Interstate 80 in New Jersey on Thursday.
Trooper Christopher Kay says it appears one bus rear-ended another bus and the other two vehicles sustained minor damage in the accident in Parsippany.
Kay says the buses were taking 9- and 10-year-olds from Lindenmere Sports Camp in Tannersville, Pa., to Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park in Jackson, N.J. He says there were more than 100 passengers on the four buses.
Kay says none of the injuries was life-threatening. The trooper says the children complained of pain or simple cuts and bruises.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, parsippany, accident, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Malaysian Airlines asks for help in hunt for missing plane
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal 50 min ago
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Good Samaritans rescue woman from burning car
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
46 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos