New Jersey News
39 children injured in school bus accident
PARSIPPANY, N.J. -- State police say 39 children from a Pennsylvania sports camp sustained minor injuries in an accident involving four school buses on Interstate 80 in New Jersey on Thursday.
Trooper Christopher Kay says it appears one bus rear-ended another bus and the other two vehicles sustained minor damage in the accident in Parsippany.
Kay says the buses were taking 9- and 10-year-olds from Lindenmere Sports Camp in Tannersville, Pa., to Six Flags Great Adventure amusement park in Jackson, N.J. He says there were more than 100 passengers on the four buses.
Kay says none of the injuries was life-threatening. The trooper says the children complained of pain or simple cuts and bruises.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, parsippany, accident, new jersey news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 32 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Gridlock traffic for Memorial Day weekend getaway
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- 17-year-old brutally beaten with bat at gas station
- Police shoot and kill suspect in Ridgefield, Conn.
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance
- Bridge collapse calls into question other bridges' safety
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
32 min ago