New Jersey News
Synagogue bomb suspect charged in murder plot
BERGEN COUNTY -- New charges have been filed against a New Jersey man already charged in a series of firebombings at synagogues earlier this year.
Bergen County authorities say Aakash Dalal plotted to kill Assistant Bergen County Prosecutor Martin Delaney when he got out of jail. He's been charged with murder conspiracy, terroristic threats and a weapons offense.
Dalal has been jailed since March. Bail was set at $3 million on the new charges In one of the firebombings, Molotov cocktails were thrown at the second-floor bedroom of a rabbi's residence in Rutherford where the rabbi, his wife, five children and his parents were sleeping at the time and escaped serious injury.
Prosecutors contend the actual attacks were carried by Dalal's friend, Anthony Graziano, who faces numerous charges including attempted murder.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, synagogue firebombing, new jersey news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma