New Jersey News
Synagogue bomb suspect charged in murder plot
BERGEN COUNTY -- New charges have been filed against a New Jersey man already charged in a series of firebombings at synagogues earlier this year.
Bergen County authorities say Aakash Dalal plotted to kill Assistant Bergen County Prosecutor Martin Delaney when he got out of jail. He's been charged with murder conspiracy, terroristic threats and a weapons offense.
Dalal has been jailed since March. Bail was set at $3 million on the new charges In one of the firebombings, Molotov cocktails were thrown at the second-floor bedroom of a rabbi's residence in Rutherford where the rabbi, his wife, five children and his parents were sleeping at the time and escaped serious injury.
Prosecutors contend the actual attacks were carried by Dalal's friend, Anthony Graziano, who faces numerous charges including attempted murder.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, synagogue firebombing, new jersey news
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
8 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos