New Jersey News
Synagogue bomb suspect charged in murder plot
BERGEN COUNTY -- New charges have been filed against a New Jersey man already charged in a series of firebombings at synagogues earlier this year.
Bergen County authorities say Aakash Dalal plotted to kill Assistant Bergen County Prosecutor Martin Delaney when he got out of jail. He's been charged with murder conspiracy, terroristic threats and a weapons offense.
Dalal has been jailed since March. Bail was set at $3 million on the new charges In one of the firebombings, Molotov cocktails were thrown at the second-floor bedroom of a rabbi's residence in Rutherford where the rabbi, his wife, five children and his parents were sleeping at the time and escaped serious injury.
Prosecutors contend the actual attacks were carried by Dalal's friend, Anthony Graziano, who faces numerous charges including attempted murder.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, synagogue firebombing, new jersey news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor 32 min ago
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos