New Jersey News
Cops: Pedestrian killed by drunk driver in New Jersey
NORTH BERGEN (WABC) -- A pedestrian was struck and killed by a suspected drunk driver in North Bergen, New Jersey, early Wednesday.
Police say 40-year-old Argelio Marrero, of Union City, was hit just after 12:30 a.m. while crossing Tonnelle Avenue near 51st Street, a signaled intersection.
Marrero was pronounced dead at Jersey City Medical Center.
He was struck by a southbound 2003 Toyota Sequoia SUV driven by 70-year-old Constanti Buno, who stopped at the scene.
Buno, of Jersey City, was charged with driving while intoxicated and death by auto.
His bail was set at $200,000 cash bail and he will be taken to the Hudson County Jail for processing.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, north bergen, pedestrian struck, drunk driving, new jersey news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Tornado Warning: Dutchess County 18 min ago
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City 25 min ago
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday 42 min ago
- Super Bowl 50 goes to San Francisco
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
24 min ago
- Crews race to find survivors after Oklahoma...
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos