New Jersey News
Dog spooked by fireworks rescued on GW Bridge
GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE (WABC) -- A German Shepherd who ran away after being scared by fireworks was rescued on the George Washington Bridge Thursday.
Police were notified by construction workers on the bridge of a loose.
Officer Kameel Juman responded to the lower level and was able to climb onto the catwalk and place a collar and leash around the dog named Charlie.
Port Authority Police were able to swing the dog off the catwalk to safety.
Charlie was taken to the vet where he was diagnosed with a possible skunk bite and skunk spray.
He was reunited with his owner from Leonia who said the pooch ran away from the firework noise.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma