New Jersey News
Search on for man who entered home, assaulted victim
PALISADES PARK (WABC) -- On July 2nd, a man had entered one of Nicole Pometti's neighbor's homes where three women live.
The suspect was waiting for one of the roommates to get there. She arrived at three in the morning.
"5:30 I saw all the cop cars, the FBI. I never see that on my block. Ever," said Pometti.
"He was in her room, this was very calculated," said Ben Ramos of the Palisades Park Police, "it's somebody in the house waiting for someone to come home. This was a predator."
The suspect is said to be a Hispanic man, 30 years old or less, and about 5' 8". He wears his black hair short and spiked. He somehow got into the house, and assaulted the victim without waking the victim's two roommates, who were asleep in other rooms.
He fell asleep, gave the woman her chance to sneak out to a roommate's bedroom, and call 911. However the suspect woke up and left before police arrived.
Women along the 400 block of 2nd Street were all surprised to hear what happened, and are taking some extra precautions going forward.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news, toni yates
- At least 8 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 13 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench
- One of US FBI's 10 most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- New York City redesigns flood map in Sandy's wake
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- JFK terminal among endangered historic sites
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
- Photos: Queens trench rescue 49 min ago