New Jersey News
Woman found murdered in Clark, New Jersey, home
CLARK, New Jersey (WABC) -- Police are investigating the murder of a 73-year-old woman found dead in her Clark, New Jersey, home.
Police say Vera Pecoraro was found by her son with several knife wounds to her body.
According to Clark police, Pecoraro seems to be a targeted victim and the community is not in any danger. There appeared to be no forced entry into the home.
"There are a number of investigative avenues that the Homicide Task Force is perusing," Prosecutor Theodoare Romankow said. "We do not believe that residents in the area are in any danger, as we do not believe that is this a random act."
Romankow said an autopsy determined that Pecoraro, who suffered knife wounds, likely died sometime Friday. One of her adult sons found the body in the home's living room shortly before 7 p.m. Saturday night.
Neighbors say Pecoraro was a widow who lived alone. They described her as friendly, sociable and active.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, murder, stabbing, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted 6 min ago
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings 7 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014