New Jersey News
Woman found murdered in Clark, New Jersey, home
CLARK, New Jersey (WABC) -- Police are investigating the murder of a 73-year-old woman found dead in her Clark, New Jersey, home.
Police say Vera Pecoraro was found by her son with several knife wounds to her body.
According to Clark police, Pecoraro seems to be a targeted victim and the community is not in any danger. There appeared to be no forced entry into the home.
"There are a number of investigative avenues that the Homicide Task Force is perusing," Prosecutor Theodoare Romankow said. "We do not believe that residents in the area are in any danger, as we do not believe that is this a random act."
Romankow said an autopsy determined that Pecoraro, who suffered knife wounds, likely died sometime Friday. One of her adult sons found the body in the home's living room shortly before 7 p.m. Saturday night.
Neighbors say Pecoraro was a widow who lived alone. They described her as friendly, sociable and active.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, murder, stabbing, new jersey news
- Possible 'knockout' attack victim speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Firefighters sent to wrong location in Jersey City fire
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- 2 firefighters injured in Bronx bodega fire
- Search for owner of severely malnourished dog
- Cardinal Dolan supports universal pre-k
- Cars burglarized at gyms in Wyckoff and Ridgewood
- Man speaks about shooting would-be burglar
- FDNY battery giveaway for smoke, CO detectors
- Photos: Mariano Rivera's career in pictures
- Spinning class and karaoke all in one