New Jersey News
Woman found murdered in Clark, New Jersey, home
CLARK, New Jersey (WABC) -- Police are investigating the murder of a 73-year-old woman found dead in her Clark, New Jersey, home.
Police say Vera Pecoraro was found by her son with several knife wounds to her body.
According to Clark police, Pecoraro seems to be a targeted victim and the community is not in any danger. There appeared to be no forced entry into the home.
"There are a number of investigative avenues that the Homicide Task Force is perusing," Prosecutor Theodoare Romankow said. "We do not believe that residents in the area are in any danger, as we do not believe that is this a random act."
Romankow said an autopsy determined that Pecoraro, who suffered knife wounds, likely died sometime Friday. One of her adult sons found the body in the home's living room shortly before 7 p.m. Saturday night.
Neighbors say Pecoraro was a widow who lived alone. They described her as friendly, sociable and active.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report)
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, murder, stabbing, new jersey news
- Queens third grader fatally struck by truck
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos 17 min ago
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 28 min ago
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- Friday marks Walcott's last day while schools in session
- Baruch frat involved in hazing death gets lifetime ban
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years 42 min ago