New Jersey News
Christian, Muslim scholars ask hotels to stop offering porn
PRINCETON (WABC) -- Two prominent scholars, one Christian and the other Muslim, are asking America's largest hotel chains to stop offering pornography to guests in their hotel rooms.
Princeton University law professor Robert George and Zaytuna College co-founder Shaykh Hamza Yusuf made the appeal in a letter sent last week to Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Choice and Starwood hotels.
George says pornography has been shown to be addictive and damaging to marriages, self-respect and human dignity. He characterizes the joint letter as an appeal to conscience, asking hotel executives to forego profits from pornography and "do the right thing."
Omni Hotels quit offering adult entertainment channels more than a decade ago. The Marriott chain announced last year that it would begin phasing out adult offerings in its hotels.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Actor James Gandolfini of "The Sopranos" dies
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos