New Jersey News
Emotional vigil held for 18-year-old gunned down in Linden
LINDEN (WABC) -- Several hundred people came together on the spot where 18-year-old Amber Wilson was shot and killed Monday night.
Police say 18-year-old Amber Wilson was shot in the head on Hussa Street in Linden just before midnight. She was apparently walking home from a Dunkin' Donuts when the robbery took place.
Wilson was a cheerleader and a recent graduate of Linden High School. Area residents say she was well-liked and admired in the community.
Those who gathered at the scene moments after the shooting said she had a very bright future and a vivacious smile.
"Amber had a smile that could light up a room," friend Winston Wright said. "Amber was really enthusiastic. She was a fun person to be around. She always had a lot of energy, always a good spirit. So that's why it's kind of baffling to think anyone would do anything like that to a person like that."
Linden police and the Union County Prosecutors' Office continue to investigate, and have been working around the clock to bring him to justice.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting may anonymously phone in tips to Union County Crime Stoppers at (908) 654-TIPS.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, linden, shooting, teen, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 44 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
44 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos