New Jersey News
Turkeys take over town in New Jersey
HAINESPORT (WABC) -- A town in New Jersey has an unusual pest problem, with wild turkeys roaming the streets.
Residents in Hainesport say that the birds are getting more and more aggressive as they venture onto their lawns.
"They peck at my car," one resident said. "They kind of stand in front of your car and they won't let you move."
"They came in in front of my car, so I couldn't get into my garage," another said. "So I tried to back out, and then they ran behind my car and started pecking at my tires."
It has become such a problem that any resident found feeding the birds will get a $2,000 fine.
Township officials plan to round up and relocate the birds in a few months.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Tornado Warning in parts of Sullivan County 11 min ago
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- Hats get women ejected from mall 21 min ago
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- AAA: 31.2M drivers to take Memorial Day road trip
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos