New Jersey News
Vehicle located in deadly Paterson accident
PATERSON (WABC) -- Authorities say a vehicle has been located in an accident that left a pedestrian dead in Paterson, New Jersey.
Authorities say the vehicle hit the pedestrian near exit 60 on Interstate 80 just before 11 p.m. Monday.
The victim, 28-year-old Leon Garcia-Rivas, of Elmwood Park, had pulled his 1998 Acura into the shoulder and turned on his hazard lights. He had just gotten out of the car when he was struck.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
State police shut down the highway's eastbound lanes for nearly five hours overnight as they investigated.
Investigators are asking for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information is asked to contact State Police at 973-785-9419.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Water line floods three Midtown building basements
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward 6 min ago
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos