New Jersey News
Vehicle located in deadly Paterson accident
PATERSON (WABC) -- Authorities say a vehicle has been located in an accident that left a pedestrian dead in Paterson, New Jersey.
Authorities say the vehicle hit the pedestrian near exit 60 on Interstate 80 just before 11 p.m. Monday.
The victim, 28-year-old Leon Garcia-Rivas, of Elmwood Park, had pulled his 1998 Acura into the shoulder and turned on his hazard lights. He had just gotten out of the car when he was struck.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
State police shut down the highway's eastbound lanes for nearly five hours overnight as they investigated.
Investigators are asking for witnesses to come forward. Anyone with information is asked to contact State Police at 973-785-9419.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, hit and run accident, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 25 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 11 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 5 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
43 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos