New Jersey News
Funeral Thursday for child killed in beach accident
LONG BRANCH (WABC) -- Funeral services were held Thursday for a New Jersey boy who died in a freak accident at the beach on Tuesday.
Authorities say 12-year-old Ezra Cornman was playing in the sand with his siblings in Long Branch when the tunnel they were digging caved in.
He was crushed underneath the sand.
A police spokesman said the tunnel ran for about six feet and was about two to three feet deep. The boy's mother called 911 while lifeguards dug him out and performed CPR.
Ezra was rushed to Monmouth Medical Center, where he later died.
The funeral was held in Ocean, New Jersey.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, long branch, child death, new jersey news
- Brooklyn police shooting leaves suspect wounded 15 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- De Blasio, Bratton join Sharpton at Mandela tribute
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Funeral held for NYPD traffic agent hit by truck
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- US vet, 85, back home after detained in North Korea
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Photos: Pearl Harbor anniversary
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
27 min ago