New Jersey News
Funeral Thursday for child killed in beach accident
LONG BRANCH (WABC) -- Funeral services were held Thursday for a New Jersey boy who died in a freak accident at the beach on Tuesday.
Authorities say 12-year-old Ezra Cornman was playing in the sand with his siblings in Long Branch when the tunnel they were digging caved in.
He was crushed underneath the sand.
A police spokesman said the tunnel ran for about six feet and was about two to three feet deep. The boy's mother called 911 while lifeguards dug him out and performed CPR.
Ezra was rushed to Monmouth Medical Center, where he later died.
The funeral was held in Ocean, New Jersey.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, long branch, child death, new jersey news
- FDNY rescues worker trapped in Queens trench 28 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms 43 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square 58 min ago
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- Body found in lake where Conn. photographer went missing
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
58 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
43 min ago