New Jersey News
Funeral Thursday for child killed in beach accident
LONG BRANCH (WABC) -- Funeral services were held Thursday for a New Jersey boy who died in a freak accident at the beach on Tuesday.
Authorities say 12-year-old Ezra Cornman was playing in the sand with his siblings in Long Branch when the tunnel they were digging caved in.
He was crushed underneath the sand.
A police spokesman said the tunnel ran for about six feet and was about two to three feet deep. The boy's mother called 911 while lifeguards dug him out and performed CPR.
Ezra was rushed to Monmouth Medical Center, where he later died.
The funeral was held in Ocean, New Jersey.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, long branch, child death, new jersey news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 31 min ago
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry...
31 min ago