New Jersey News
Christie orders NJ flags to be lowered after shootings
TRENTON -- Gov. Chris Christie has ordered that flags on public buildings around New Jersey be lowered to half-staff on Wednesday in honor of those killed in the shooting rampage at a Colorado movie theater.
Twelve people were killed and about 60 were wounded when a gunman opened fire early Friday in a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., at a showing of the new Batman movie.
Christie's order follows one by President Barack Obama that flags be flown at half-staff on federal buildings.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, aurora colorado, new jersey news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 27 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
27 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos