New Jersey News
Christie orders NJ flags to be lowered after shootings
TRENTON -- Gov. Chris Christie has ordered that flags on public buildings around New Jersey be lowered to half-staff on Wednesday in honor of those killed in the shooting rampage at a Colorado movie theater.
Twelve people were killed and about 60 were wounded when a gunman opened fire early Friday in a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., at a showing of the new Batman movie.
Christie's order follows one by President Barack Obama that flags be flown at half-staff on federal buildings.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, aurora colorado, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard 2 min ago
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court 26 min ago
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' fame dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying...
2 min ago