New Jersey News
Christie orders NJ flags to be lowered after shootings
TRENTON -- Gov. Chris Christie has ordered that flags on public buildings around New Jersey be lowered to half-staff on Wednesday in honor of those killed in the shooting rampage at a Colorado movie theater.
Twelve people were killed and about 60 were wounded when a gunman opened fire early Friday in a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., at a showing of the new Batman movie.
Christie's order follows one by President Barack Obama that flags be flown at half-staff on federal buildings.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, aurora colorado, new jersey news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- $590M Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Three males wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers