New Jersey News
1-year-old left in dangerously hot car
LYNDHURST (WABC) -- Karen Wagner thought for sure the one-year-old baby she found shut in a car in the blazing hot sun would never make it.
Wagner was walking toward the TJ Maxx store in Lyndhurst, New Jersey, when a woman stopped her to tell her about the baby. Wagner called the police, then flagged down a fireman who opened the door.
The baby was taken to the hospital, and police went looking for the mom who was found shopping in the TJ Maxx store. She told police she forgot her son was in the car.
Eyewitness News visited the mother to find out and her husband answered the door.
The mother, Tatania Deleao is charged with second degree endangering the welfare of a minor. She would not come to the door, but the baby is with the family in the home.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news, jim dolan
- Islam at center of 9/11 Memorial criticism
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Boy found dead on building scaffolding in Bronx
- Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck
- Police search for arson suspect in Brooklyn
- Elderly couple hurt in Queens home invasion
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant dies in paragliding accident
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos
- Abandoned dog rescued and saved by SPCA in Bronxville
- Gunfire in Central Islip after drug deal goes bad
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
9 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos