New Jersey News
1-year-old left in dangerously hot car
LYNDHURST (WABC) -- Karen Wagner thought for sure the one-year-old baby she found shut in a car in the blazing hot sun would never make it.
Wagner was walking toward the TJ Maxx store in Lyndhurst, New Jersey, when a woman stopped her to tell her about the baby. Wagner called the police, then flagged down a fireman who opened the door.
The baby was taken to the hospital, and police went looking for the mom who was found shopping in the TJ Maxx store. She told police she forgot her son was in the car.
Eyewitness News visited the mother to find out and her husband answered the door.
The mother, Tatania Deleao is charged with second degree endangering the welfare of a minor. She would not come to the door, but the baby is with the family in the home.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news, jim dolan
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall