New Jersey News
Search for 3 women attackers at Newark Penn Station
NEWARK (WABC) -- Police say three women used their fists and heads as weapons in an assault on two other young women at Newark Penn Station last month.
Nancy Snyder of New Jersey Transit said they are looking for 3 white females between the ages of 20-25 who speak with thick Eastern European accents.
Surveillance cameras on the concourse tracked the three suspects as they wandered around Newark Penn Station for two hours on Saturday night, June 9. Sources say they appeared almost giddy, like they were in a 'party' mood.
"Just by what they're wearing, doesn't fit the description of girls who would be doing such acts," said tourist Michelle Basra.
Then, just after 11 p.m., investigators say the trio attacked two other young women on the platform near Track One. One of the victims had knee injuries; the other was head-butted so violently, she has a broken eye socket.
"They don't look too scary; I wouldn't be scared of them. Maybe I would fight back," said commuter Karen Levine.
The victims were not robbed, just beat up and left bleeding on the platform as the suspects ran down the stairs and onto Track 2, where they escaped on a train to Manhattan.
New Jersey Transit police are hoping someone will recognize some of the women. There was a Devils game on the night of the attack, and they believe that they may have been there.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, new jersey transit, new jersey news, jen maxfield
- Winter Weather Advisory 28 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Multiple people injured in Toms River bus accident
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup 18 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips 5 min ago
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 40 min ago
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice 33 min ago
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- No tailgating to be allowed at NY/NJ Super Bowl
- Newtown families create website to honor Sandy Hook victims
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
18 min ago
- Winter Weather Advisory
28 min ago