New Jersey News
Baby thrown out apartment window dies from injuries
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- The 3-month-old baby who was allegedly thrown out a window with his mother in Jersey City has died as a result of his injuries.
The Jersey City Police Department announced that Damien Bruno died earlier Tuesday.
Nineteen-year-old Frederico Bruno was charged with aggravated assault after being found Friday night, several hours after the alleged attack occurred.
Bruno has been charged with two counts of attempted murder, 3 counts of unlawful possession of a weapon, 3 counts possession of a weapon for unlawful purpose, 1 count of child abuse, 1 count of endangering the welfare of a child, 3 counts of endangering an injured person, one count of tampering.
The prosecutor will have to determine if charges are upgraded.
Bail was increased to $500,000.
Police say Bruno let himself into the Jersey City apartment and attacked his ex-girlfriend and another woman early Friday.
Bruno allegedly stabbed both women and pushed his ex-girlfriend into an air conditioner, causing her and her 3-month-old child to go through a window and fall three stories.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, arrest, new jersey news, jeff pegues
- 2 killed in Queens motorcycle accident 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall