New Jersey News
3 people dead in Paterson shootings
PATERSON, N.J. -- Paterson police say three people were shot to death and a woman was wounded during a violent weekend in the northern New Jersey city.
Authorities say none of the shootings were connected and no motives have been disclosed.
The first occurred late Friday at a city sports bar. Police say the victim, a man in his mid-30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The second shooting occurred around 5 a.m. Saturday, when a man in his 20s was killed on a city street. A woman who was nearby was shot once in the foot, but she was treated at a hospital and released.
The other victim, a 17-year-old city resident, was fatally shot on a city street around 3:20 a.m. Sunday.
No arrests have been made in the shootings.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, gun violence, murder, new jersey news
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Car dealer charged after selling Sandy-damaged vehicles
- NJ Transit train disabled inside Hudson River tunnel
- Surveillance released in shooting of 9-year-old boy
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx
- Prosecutors likely to reduce charges in SUV assault
- Video: Two US astronauts set to spacewalk to fix ISS
- GWB repair work this weekend
- Father in Army reunites with son in kindergarten class
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos