New Jersey News
3 people dead in Paterson shootings
PATERSON, N.J. -- Paterson police say three people were shot to death and a woman was wounded during a violent weekend in the northern New Jersey city.
Authorities say none of the shootings were connected and no motives have been disclosed.
The first occurred late Friday at a city sports bar. Police say the victim, a man in his mid-30s, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The second shooting occurred around 5 a.m. Saturday, when a man in his 20s was killed on a city street. A woman who was nearby was shot once in the foot, but she was treated at a hospital and released.
The other victim, a 17-year-old city resident, was fatally shot on a city street around 3:20 a.m. Sunday.
No arrests have been made in the shootings.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, paterson, gun violence, murder, new jersey news
- FDNY rescues worker trapped in Queens trench 8 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- Body found in lake where Conn. photographer went missing
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA