New Jersey News
7-year-old girl fatally struck by car in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating an incident in Newark in which a child was killed when she was struck by a car in Newark early Monday evening.
Jamyah Harris, 7, was struck by a car on Central Avenue and was pronounced dead at the scene at 6:30 p.m.
The driver of the vehicle was located in the area by Newark police officers.
The incident is being investigated by the Newark Police Department and the Essex County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Task Force, which includes detectives from the Newark Police Department.
No charges have been filed as of this time, but the matter remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact task force detectives at (877) 847-7432 or (973) 621-4586.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, child killed, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- At least 1 dead, 15 hurt in East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 8 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25