New Jersey News
7-year-old girl fatally struck by car in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating an incident in Newark in which a child was killed when she was struck by a car in Newark early Monday evening.
Jamyah Harris, 7, was struck by a car on Central Avenue and was pronounced dead at the scene at 6:30 p.m.
The driver of the vehicle was located in the area by Newark police officers.
The incident is being investigated by the Newark Police Department and the Essex County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Task Force, which includes detectives from the Newark Police Department.
No charges have been filed as of this time, but the matter remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact task force detectives at (877) 847-7432 or (973) 621-4586.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, child killed, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 47 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 15 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site 9 min ago
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
47 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos