New Jersey News
7-year-old girl fatally struck by car in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating an incident in Newark in which a child was killed when she was struck by a car in Newark early Monday evening.
Jamyah Harris, 7, was struck by a car on Central Avenue and was pronounced dead at the scene at 6:30 p.m.
The driver of the vehicle was located in the area by Newark police officers.
The incident is being investigated by the Newark Police Department and the Essex County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Task Force, which includes detectives from the Newark Police Department.
No charges have been filed as of this time, but the matter remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact task force detectives at (877) 847-7432 or (973) 621-4586.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, child killed, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- London theatre roof collapses; Dozens injured 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon? 48 min ago
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response 45 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Teen shot by police in Brownsville
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- New report: Disturbing news about raw chicken
35 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos