New Jersey News
7-year-old girl fatally struck by car in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- Authorities are investigating an incident in Newark in which a child was killed when she was struck by a car in Newark early Monday evening.
Jamyah Harris, 7, was struck by a car on Central Avenue and was pronounced dead at the scene at 6:30 p.m.
The driver of the vehicle was located in the area by Newark police officers.
The incident is being investigated by the Newark Police Department and the Essex County Prosecutor's Major Crimes Task Force, which includes detectives from the Newark Police Department.
No charges have been filed as of this time, but the matter remains under investigation.
Anyone with information is asked to contact task force detectives at (877) 847-7432 or (973) 621-4586.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, child killed, pedestrian struck, new jersey news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos