New Jersey News
Drew University student makes tuition plea on YouTube
MADISON, New Jersey (WABC) -- Judea Hill is a senior studying art at Drew University and this week, she posted an emotional plea on YouTube.
She was $2,800 short in her tuition until a complete stranger stepped in.
"People were sending me money, people who don't know me," she said.
Judea Hill is clearly overwhelmed.
"I'm not trying to send myself on vacation, I'm just trying to better myself and continue to better myself," she said on the YouTube clip.
She gets financial aid and has a job, but had a lot going on this year and came up short on the tuition.
"I had two deaths in my family and all my family's money went to send them off correctly," she adds.
Her video was honest and struck a chord with dozens of people who gave $10 here, $15 there.
And then the call from a Drew University graduate who gave $2,800.
The former student who wants to remain anonymous, paid the whole balance.
"She will never know what this means to me and my family," adds Hill.
Her university is thrilled too because they love Judea. They use this picture of her hugging a friend on their website.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, you tube, drew university, new jersey news, phil lipof
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 6 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
6 min ago