New Jersey News
Authorities: 4-year-old's drowning accidental
LINDEN, NJ -- Authorities in central New Jersey say the drowning of a 4-year-old girl in a backyard pool was an accident.
The unidentified girl was found Saturday afternoon by emergency workers and pronounced dead at Trinitas Regional Medical Center in Elizabeth.
It was not immediately known who placed the 911 call or whether anyone else was with the girl at the time.
The pool was about 2 feet deep and 10 feet in diameter.
A man who says his mother owns the house tells The Star-Ledger of Newark (http://bit.ly/QU3rEr) that his brother bought the pool for a birthday party and emptied it after each use because it didn't have a filter.
There have been 23 drownings this summer in New Jersey, according to the newspaper, mostly in Ocean and Cape May counties.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, drowning, linden, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges coming in death of Baruch College student, prosecutor...
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted 52 min ago
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar 8 min ago
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral 16 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Golden Globes nominations announced