New Jersey News
Man who died after fall from cliff identified
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS -- Police in northern New Jersey say a man has died after falling from a cliff overlooking the Hudson River. The man has been identified as 26-year-old Artem Adzhyev of Brooklyn. He was visiting the lookout with friends at the time of the incident.
Palisades Interstate Parkway police received a call Saturday night from witnesses near the Rockefeller Lookout in Englewood Cliffs, just north of the George Washington Bridge.
They told police Adzhyev had walked beyond signs that warn people not to approach the edge.
Parkway Police Lt. Michael Coppola tells The Record his death is not considered suspicious.
Two months ago, a teenager fell to his death from a cliff in Fort Lee, less than a mile south of the site of Saturday's incident. A few weeks later, a 45-year-old man fell from the Rockefeller Lookout to his death.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, englewood, new jersey news
- Teen clerk beaten in deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
- Surprise field day for kids from burned-down school
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos