New Jersey News
Man who died after fall from cliff identified
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS -- Police in northern New Jersey say a man has died after falling from a cliff overlooking the Hudson River. The man has been identified as 26-year-old Artem Adzhyev of Brooklyn. He was visiting the lookout with friends at the time of the incident.
Palisades Interstate Parkway police received a call Saturday night from witnesses near the Rockefeller Lookout in Englewood Cliffs, just north of the George Washington Bridge.
They told police Adzhyev had walked beyond signs that warn people not to approach the edge.
Parkway Police Lt. Michael Coppola tells The Record his death is not considered suspicious.
Two months ago, a teenager fell to his death from a cliff in Fort Lee, less than a mile south of the site of Saturday's incident. A few weeks later, a 45-year-old man fell from the Rockefeller Lookout to his death.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, englewood, new jersey news
- Jersey City water main break affecting service 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Wednesday, but warmup coming
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky 3 min ago
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway 41 min ago
- 2 winning tickets sold in $636 million Mega Millions
- LI man to be arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Multi-car pileup on Gowanus Expressway in Brooklyn
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Short Hills Mall shooting: Funeral to be held Wednesday
- Video: Queens robber squirts clerk with lighter fluid
- Blind man and dog rescued off subway tracks
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos