New Jersey News
Man who died after fall from cliff identified
ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS -- Police in northern New Jersey say a man has died after falling from a cliff overlooking the Hudson River. The man has been identified as 26-year-old Artem Adzhyev of Brooklyn. He was visiting the lookout with friends at the time of the incident.
Palisades Interstate Parkway police received a call Saturday night from witnesses near the Rockefeller Lookout in Englewood Cliffs, just north of the George Washington Bridge.
They told police Adzhyev had walked beyond signs that warn people not to approach the edge.
Parkway Police Lt. Michael Coppola tells The Record his death is not considered suspicious.
Two months ago, a teenager fell to his death from a cliff in Fort Lee, less than a mile south of the site of Saturday's incident. A few weeks later, a 45-year-old man fell from the Rockefeller Lookout to his death.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, englewood, new jersey news
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus identified
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- 3 wounded after shooting in Bedford-Stuyvesant
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Metro North trains set to be removed from accident scene 26 min ago
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers