New Jersey News
Man charged with DWI after driving into Dunkin' Donuts
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Eight people were injured when a Dodge SUV drove into a Dunkin' Donuts store in Jersey City.
Marco Guardiola was charged Tuesday with DWI, reckless driving, eight counts of vehicular assault and other motor vehicle charges.
The accident happened at 8:45 p.m. at 318 Central Avenue.
Three people are in critical condition, one is in serious condition and the rest have minor injuries. The minor injuries are mostly cuts from a large pane of glass that shattered on impact.
One of the critical injuries is a 14-year-old girl, who suffered head trauma and broke both her legs. She was in the Dunkin Donuts with her sister and mother.
Six people were transported to Jersey City Medical Center. The driver of the car was injured as well. Two people were treated at the scene.
This was a single car accident involving an SUV that jumped the curb and hit the side of the store. The front part of the vehicle was inside the store.
Guardiola made his first appearance in court and bail was set at $35,000.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, accident, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
19 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos