New Jersey News
Man charged with DWI after driving into Dunkin' Donuts
JERSEY CITY (WABC) -- Eight people were injured when a Dodge SUV drove into a Dunkin' Donuts store in Jersey City.
Marco Guardiola was charged Tuesday with DWI, reckless driving, eight counts of vehicular assault and other motor vehicle charges.
The accident happened at 8:45 p.m. at 318 Central Avenue.
Three people are in critical condition, one is in serious condition and the rest have minor injuries. The minor injuries are mostly cuts from a large pane of glass that shattered on impact.
One of the critical injuries is a 14-year-old girl, who suffered head trauma and broke both her legs. She was in the Dunkin Donuts with her sister and mother.
Six people were transported to Jersey City Medical Center. The driver of the car was injured as well. Two people were treated at the scene.
This was a single car accident involving an SUV that jumped the curb and hit the side of the store. The front part of the vehicle was inside the store.
Guardiola made his first appearance in court and bail was set at $35,000.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, accident, new jersey news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn 38 min ago
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97