New Jersey News
NJ man dies after Wednesday lightning strike
LONG BRANCH, New Jersey (WABC) -- A New Jersey man has died after being struck by lightning in Wednesday's storm.
Your odds of being struck by lightning in a given year are one in a million.
A father of four, a family man and a loving husband.
Neighbors say 41-year-old Sebastian Castillo and his wife are nurses.
They say Castillo loved to fish and be on the water, but it was while fishing Wednesday night with his 10-year-old son in Long Branch, New Jersey near this bridge that police say Castillo was struck by a bolt of lightning.
Long Branch police say Castillo's son ran to a nearby home and asked them to call for help.
Emergency responders rushed the boy's father to the hospital.
He died Thursday afternoon.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, storm, long beach, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow heads into NYC after hitting southern, central NJ 43 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- NJ Transit cross-honoring tickets system-wide 50 min ago
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- Geno Smith leads Jets to victory over Raiders
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Broncos' Matt Prater sets NFL record with 64-yard FG 36 min ago
- South Africans pray for Mandela in day of mourning
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos