New Jersey News
Girl accused of setting fire in attempt to kill family
WOODBURY, N.J. -- Authorities say a 15-year-old New Jersey girl has been charged with arson and attempted murder, accused of setting her family's house on fire and trying to kill them.
The girl faces two counts of aggravated arson and six counts of attempted murder in the early Saturday morning fire in Clayton. She is to appear in Family Court Monday in Woodbury.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office said six members of the family, including the girl, were injured in the fire. The office said the teen suffered burns to her feet. Another girl injured her hip when she jumped from the second floor.
A woman and another relative were taken to a hospital. The woman's husband and a 9-year-old child were treated for burns. Investigators believe the fire was set with gasoline.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, arson, attempted murder, new jersey news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 12 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 11 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 2 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 1 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
12 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos