New Jersey News
Girl accused of setting fire in attempt to kill family
WOODBURY, N.J. -- Authorities say a 15-year-old New Jersey girl has been charged with arson and attempted murder, accused of setting her family's house on fire and trying to kill them.
The girl faces two counts of aggravated arson and six counts of attempted murder in the early Saturday morning fire in Clayton. She is to appear in Family Court Monday in Woodbury.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office said six members of the family, including the girl, were injured in the fire. The office said the teen suffered burns to her feet. Another girl injured her hip when she jumped from the second floor.
A woman and another relative were taken to a hospital. The woman's husband and a 9-year-old child were treated for burns. Investigators believe the fire was set with gasoline.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, arson, attempted murder, new jersey news
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Teen girl shot in leg in Coney Island
- Firefighters battling Bronx car fire find body inside
- NJ woman charged in butt injection death
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn
- Missing Malaysia plane changed course, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos