New Jersey News
Girl accused of setting fire in attempt to kill family
WOODBURY, N.J. -- Authorities say a 15-year-old New Jersey girl has been charged with arson and attempted murder, accused of setting her family's house on fire and trying to kill them.
The girl faces two counts of aggravated arson and six counts of attempted murder in the early Saturday morning fire in Clayton. She is to appear in Family Court Monday in Woodbury.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office said six members of the family, including the girl, were injured in the fire. The office said the teen suffered burns to her feet. Another girl injured her hip when she jumped from the second floor.
A woman and another relative were taken to a hospital. The woman's husband and a 9-year-old child were treated for burns. Investigators believe the fire was set with gasoline.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, arson, attempted murder, new jersey news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 15 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 14 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Nativity theft being investagated as hate crime 15 min ago
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build 59 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos