New Jersey News
Girl accused of setting fire in attempt to kill family
WOODBURY, N.J. -- Authorities say a 15-year-old New Jersey girl has been charged with arson and attempted murder, accused of setting her family's house on fire and trying to kill them.
The girl faces two counts of aggravated arson and six counts of attempted murder in the early Saturday morning fire in Clayton. She is to appear in Family Court Monday in Woodbury.
The Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office said six members of the family, including the girl, were injured in the fire. The office said the teen suffered burns to her feet. Another girl injured her hip when she jumped from the second floor.
A woman and another relative were taken to a hospital. The woman's husband and a 9-year-old child were treated for burns. Investigators believe the fire was set with gasoline.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, arson, attempted murder, new jersey news
- Robbery suspect dead in Brooklyn police shooting 14 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable 58 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens trench 3 min ago
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- Box cutter found on Tokyo flight to NYC
- Upper East Side convenience store robbed at gunpoint
- Man beaten with a bat and brick for his iPod
- LIRR: Near normal commute expected Wednesday
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez questioned in murder
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100 in Game 6
- Photos: FDNY works to rescue man trapped in trench
- Photos: Most Wanted: Nassau County
- Worker pulled from waist-deep mud in Queens...
3 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
58 min ago