New Jersey News
2 North Bergen cops to plead not guilty
HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Attorneys for two Bergen County Police officers accused of removing shell casings from the scene of a pursuit where one of them fired at a fleeing suspect say their clients will plead not guilty to official misconduct charges.
Saheed Baksh and Jeffrey Roberts were both suspended without pay after turning themselves in on Monday afternoon.
Both men face seven counts stemming from an August 2010 pursuit. The chase went through six towns before ending in Bogota, where Baksh allegedly fired two shots at a suspect who was not hit.
County Prosecutor John Molinelli has said his office's investigation was not centered on Baksh's use of force, but rather on allegations that both officers worked to remove evidence and tampered with the crime scene.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, police shooting, bergen county, new jersey news
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 23 min ago
- Water main eyed in East Harlem gas explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath & Beyond
- High winds damage power lines, Bed, Bath & Beyond store
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
39 min ago