New Jersey News
2 North Bergen cops to plead not guilty
HACKENSACK, N.J. -- Attorneys for two Bergen County Police officers accused of removing shell casings from the scene of a pursuit where one of them fired at a fleeing suspect say their clients will plead not guilty to official misconduct charges.
Saheed Baksh and Jeffrey Roberts were both suspended without pay after turning themselves in on Monday afternoon.
Both men face seven counts stemming from an August 2010 pursuit. The chase went through six towns before ending in Bogota, where Baksh allegedly fired two shots at a suspect who was not hit.
County Prosecutor John Molinelli has said his office's investigation was not centered on Baksh's use of force, but rather on allegations that both officers worked to remove evidence and tampered with the crime scene.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, police shooting, bergen county, new jersey news
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse 38 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Sales: Last minute holiday gifts
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- 4 juveniles charges in possible knockout attacks
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos