New Jersey News
Sharks spotted along the Jersey Shore
SEASIDE, N.J. (WABC) -- In at least two instances this month, beachgoers recorded sharks within 50 yards of the Jersey Shore.
At first, Lynch says he saw what looked like white water explosions about a mile and a half out.
Within minutes, the sharks traveled close to the beach and attacked a school of menhaden, which are often used as bait.
Lynch says he regularly captures footage near the Jersey Shore, but never expected to see this much shark activity.
Another beachgoer, Michael Ragone, captured a hammerhead shark in a wave very close to the shore. This video (Click here to watch on YouTube) was shot earlier this month, also at Island Beach State Park in New Jersey.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey shore, ocean county, shark, shark sighting, sharks, new jersey news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos