New Jersey News
NJ man indicted for disturbing daughter's remains
FREEHOLD, N.J. -- A New Jersey man who allegedly concealed the remains of his adult daughter for more than three years in his former house has been indicted on numerous charges.
Fifty-seven-year-old Dennis Adler faces counts of disturbing human remains, hindering prosecution and obstructing the administration of justice in the indictment handed up Wednesday by a Monmouth County grand jury.
Police were called to Adler's former home in Keansburg in April after a cleaning service hired to prepare the residence for foreclosure discovered the remains. Dental records confirmed they were those of Kimberly Adler, though the cause and manner of her death remain undetermined.
Prosecutors say Dennis Adler moved his daughter's remains to four separate locations during the past four years -at one point moving the body into a crawl space - and concealed her death from others who believed her to be missing. They also have said Kimberly Adler was likely 23 when she died. She was never reported missing.
Adler remains jailed on $100,000 cash bail. He faces nearly 17 years in prison if convicted on all three charges.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, body found, new jersey news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 26 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Plane's nose gear collapses at Philadelphia airport 44 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Man in 'Modern Family' star groping appears in court
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday