New Jersey News
Police officer goes missing while boating
WILDWOOD, N.J. -- State Police officers continue to search for a southern New Jersey police officer who disappeared after taking his boat out into the ocean this week.
The Coast Guard stopped looking for Middle Township Patrolman Jason Sill of Cape May Court House in the waters off Wildwood at 10 p.m. Tuesday. But state police crews continued to look for him on Wednesday and will resume their efforts on Thursday morning.
Sill was last seen taking his boat out from a Wildwood marina at 11 a.m. Monday. An hour later, a passing boater saw it empty in the water, and called the Coast Guard.
The keys were still in it and two fishing poles were on board as well.
There's no word on how long the State Police will continue looking.
WAKE UP WITH EYEWITNESS NEWS! Click here to download the WABC Eyewitness News Alarm Clock app from iTunes. or search WABC or 7online in the app store.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, boating, boat accident, missing person, new jersey news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Firefighters battle Washington Heights building fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News 38 min ago
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Here and Now