New Jersey News
New Jersey company recalls mango products
NEW YORK -- A New Jersey produce company recalled a number of products distributed in the Northeast that contained fresh-cut mangoes Saturday because of potential salmonella contamination.
The products in question have an expiration date of Aug. 28, but the company, F&S Produce Co. Inc., working with the Food and Drug Administration, issued the voluntary recall regardless.
No illnesses have been reporting in relation to products from F&S Produce, of Rosenhayn, N.J. Federal health officials are investigating 103 known cases of salmonella infection not related to the recall Saturday.
The measure follows a recall by Splendid Products of five lots of mangoes imported from Mexico. The mangoes carry the Daniella brand sticker. Health officials in the U.S. and Canada are trying to figure out which brands or sources of mangoes caused the illnesses with other products. No deaths have been reported.
F&S said that products with mangoes that fall under the recall were distributed to grocery and convenience stores in the Northeast. The mangoes, which were processed between Aug. 9 and Aug. 19, used mangoes sourced from Mexico that are part of a current salmonella outbreak.
"Products produced with use-by or sell-By dates of August 29 or later, have been processed using mangoes sourced from Brazil, and are not associated with this recall," the company said in a statement.
F&S Produce notified customers who received the recalled products directly and requested that they be pulled from store shelves.
Following are products recalled by F&S Produce by label, all with an expiration date of Aug. 28, unless otherwise noted:
Delish!: Mango Spears 5 ounce Cantaloupe; Mango, Pineapple Spears 5 ounce; Fruit Burst 10 ounce; Tropical Medley 10 ounce; Mango and Berry Mix 10 ounce; Mango Spears 1 lb.
Garden Highway: Mango Medley 1 lb.; Tropical Mango Spinach Salad 7 ounce.
Garden Pure: Mango Chunks 5 lb.; Mango 9 ounce ; Fruit Medley 3 lb.; Seasonal Fruit Bowl 4 lb.
Signature Café: Fruit Basket Medley 30 ounce.
Trader Joe's: Tropical Fruit Medley 1 lb.
Generic Label, sold at Wal-Mart (expiration date Aug. 25): Mango Spears 1 lb.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- NJ Transit buses delayed 30 minutes 32 min ago
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
- Eyewitness News Live
- Teen heading to prom dies in car accident
- Amanda Bynes released after court appearance 3 min ago
- 2nd murder conviction in death of cop Peter Figoski
- 3 hurt when I-5 bridge collapses into Wash. river
- A-Rod sells home and makes $15 Million profit
- Eats: Camarones Mi Pueblo at Zapata in Palisades 40 min ago
- abcnews: Hurricane season could be 'extremely active'
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: I-5 Skagit River Bridge collapse
- Photos: Flash flooding in the New York area
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos