New Jersey News
2 speed boats collide off Sandy Hook
SANDY HOOK (WABC) -- An engaged couple suffered injuries when two boats collided in in Spermaceti Cove in Sandy Hook Bay on Sunday.
The collision ripped a hole into the back of motorboat that had to be towed ashore.
The accident occurred just before 1 p.m. on Sunday, according to the Coast Guard.
A 26-year-old woman was thrown overboard into Sandy Hook Bay. She was airlifted to Jersey Shore Medical Center with a broken pelvis.
Her 28-year-old fiance, who jumped in after her, is also being treated for serious injuries.
It's not thought alcohol was a factor in the crash, officials said.
NJSB is currently investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, monmouth county, boat accident, boating, new jersey news, lucy yang
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm and mild
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: 'Amazing' no one died in train crash 2 min ago
- Man fatally shot in head in West Village
- 2 win Mega Millions, Powerball jumps to $600 million
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion 28 min ago
- Video: Aimee Copeland gets prosthetic hands
- Video: Marine, dog reunited in surprise ceremony
- Orb trainer fights nerves at Preakness
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at...
36 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos