New Jersey News
2 speed boats collide off Sandy Hook
SANDY HOOK (WABC) -- An engaged couple suffered injuries when two boats collided in in Spermaceti Cove in Sandy Hook Bay on Sunday.
The collision ripped a hole into the back of motorboat that had to be towed ashore.
The accident occurred just before 1 p.m. on Sunday, according to the Coast Guard.
A 26-year-old woman was thrown overboard into Sandy Hook Bay. She was airlifted to Jersey Shore Medical Center with a broken pelvis.
Her 28-year-old fiance, who jumped in after her, is also being treated for serious injuries.
It's not thought alcohol was a factor in the crash, officials said.
NJSB is currently investigating.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, monmouth county, boat accident, boating, new jersey news, lucy yang
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Barrios-Paoli tapped to head health and human services
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Budget vote approved in the House 17 min ago
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees