New Jersey News
Wake held for New Jersey Pathmark shooting victim
OLD BRIDGE (WABC) -- It was a long and heavy night in Old Bridge as mourners began the process of saying farewell.
He was doing exactly what he was supposed to at 4 a.m. Friday morning working the overnight shift and getting prices up to date, when bullets shattered the quiet night.
Authorities believe 23-year-old Terrance Tyler, a new employee and troubled former Marine, had obsessed about killing his colleagues before actually committing the nightmare.
Police say he came to the supermarket dressed to kill and opened fire fatally shooting Brian and 18-year-old Cristina Lobruto before killing himself.
"I say he should have killed himself first, and left everyone else alone. What does he want from innocent children? Two kids were killed for no reason," a mourner said.
As tears were shed for the lovable, huggable Bryan Breen he will be remembered for the joy he spread for the dreams he never got to chase.
Brian wanted to be a teacher and writer of short stories.
"He really cared about people, very loyal, honest person," a friend said.
Bryan's funeral will be held Wednesday and Cristina's will be held on Thursday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, old bridge, shooting, new jersey news, lucy yang
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen