New Jersey News
Pathmark shooting victim laid to rest
OLD BRIDGE (WABC) -- One of the two people killed by a co-worker at a New Jersey supermarket was laid to rest Wednesday.
For a final time, the family and friends of Bryan Breen gathered to say farewell.
The service was filled with emotion, with the Old Bridge Funeral Home packed by those touched by Bryan's life and troubled by the senseless way he died. The 24-year-old Pathmark employee was the victim of rage from a heartless fellow employee who had no regard for human life.
Many of the mourners were clearly touched by the words offered during the brief service. Through the sadness and pain, this tragedy has brought many members of the Old Bridge community together.
Breen was shot along with his colleague, 18-year-old Cristina LaBrutto, while they were working early Friday morning in the Pathmark on Route 9 in Old Bridge. The shooter was 23-year-old Terrance Tyler, a troubled ex-Marine who took out his wrath on the innocent victims by blasting into the store with an AK-47. He fired at the first two people he saw before taking his own life with a handgun.
A wake for LoBrutto was held Wednesday evening at Michael Hegarty Funeral Home in Old Bridge. Her funeral is Thursday morning at St. Ambrose Church.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, old bridge, shooting, new jersey news
- Woman dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- Mink coat thieves caught on camera at NYC boutique 59 min ago
- Target data breach leaves customers angry, frustrated
- MTA launches new apps for LIRR, Metro-North riders 53 min ago
- New York Army cadet accused of emailing child porn
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Bus accident on Route 3 in Clifton
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident