New Jersey News
Power restored after New Jersey storms
TRENTON (WABC) -- Power has been restored to nearly all of the thousands of homes and businesses that lost service when severe storms rumbled across New Jersey this weekend.
Most of the outages that occurred Saturday were in northern Jersey, which was hardest hit by the storms that contained damaging winds, hail and heavy rain.
The storms downed trees and damaged power lines, but no serious injuries were reported.
Jersey Central Power and Light said roughly 130 customers were still without electricity Sunday morning, down from about 8,000 on Saturday night.
And roughly 1,000 customers of PSE&G remained without service, down from about 9,000 customers who had lost power on Saturday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, severe weather, new jersey news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 18 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
18 min ago