New Jersey News
Power restored after New Jersey storms
TRENTON (WABC) -- Power has been restored to nearly all of the thousands of homes and businesses that lost service when severe storms rumbled across New Jersey this weekend.
Most of the outages that occurred Saturday were in northern Jersey, which was hardest hit by the storms that contained damaging winds, hail and heavy rain.
The storms downed trees and damaged power lines, but no serious injuries were reported.
Jersey Central Power and Light said roughly 130 customers were still without electricity Sunday morning, down from about 8,000 on Saturday night.
And roughly 1,000 customers of PSE&G remained without service, down from about 9,000 customers who had lost power on Saturday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, severe weather, new jersey news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments