New Jersey News
Teenager dies after being shot in Newark
NEWARK -- Authorities say a Newark teenager has died after being shot in the city on Saturday night.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says officers responded to reports of shots fired in the 200 block of Garside Street around 10:25 p.m. Saturday and soon found 17-year-old Juan Cabrera.
No other injuries were reported.
Cabrera was taken to a hospital, where he died a short time later.
A motive for the shooting was not immediately known. No arrests had been made as of early Sunday afternoon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, gun violence, new jersey news
- Party shooting leaves Kean U. student injured 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- Search for suspects in Riverhead robbery and assault
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village