New Jersey News
Teenager dies after being shot in Newark
NEWARK -- Authorities say a Newark teenager has died after being shot in the city on Saturday night.
Acting Essex County Prosecutor Carolyn Murray says officers responded to reports of shots fired in the 200 block of Garside Street around 10:25 p.m. Saturday and soon found 17-year-old Juan Cabrera.
No other injuries were reported.
Cabrera was taken to a hospital, where he died a short time later.
A motive for the shooting was not immediately known. No arrests had been made as of early Sunday afternoon.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, shooting, gun violence, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 53 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
53 min ago