New Jersey News
Fiery wreck on NJ Turnpike kills truck driver
EAST WINDSOR, N.J. -- A truck driver died in a fiery crash that delayed southbound traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike for hours.
Acting State Police Sgt. Adam Grossman says the preliminary investigation shows that a box truck in the center lane crashed into the back of a UPS tractor-trailer in East Windsor at 12:26 a.m. Tuesday.
Grossman says the front of the box truck and rear of the trailer burst into flames.
Grossman says the driver of the box truck, 33-year-old Phillip Frey of Toms River, died.
The UPS driver was not injured.
Southbound turnpike traffic was diverted at Interchange 9 in East Brunswick until 6:15 a.m.
The accident investigation remains ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey turnpike, accident, new jersey news
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 4 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 7 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
7 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos