New Jersey News
Fiery wreck on NJ Turnpike kills truck driver
EAST WINDSOR, N.J. -- A truck driver died in a fiery crash that delayed southbound traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike for hours.
Acting State Police Sgt. Adam Grossman says the preliminary investigation shows that a box truck in the center lane crashed into the back of a UPS tractor-trailer in East Windsor at 12:26 a.m. Tuesday.
Grossman says the front of the box truck and rear of the trailer burst into flames.
Grossman says the driver of the box truck, 33-year-old Phillip Frey of Toms River, died.
The UPS driver was not injured.
Southbound turnpike traffic was diverted at Interchange 9 in East Brunswick until 6:15 a.m.
The accident investigation remains ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey turnpike, accident, new jersey news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Fire rips through seven houses in the Bronx
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act