New Jersey News
Fiery wreck on NJ Turnpike kills truck driver
EAST WINDSOR, N.J. -- A truck driver died in a fiery crash that delayed southbound traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike for hours.
Acting State Police Sgt. Adam Grossman says the preliminary investigation shows that a box truck in the center lane crashed into the back of a UPS tractor-trailer in East Windsor at 12:26 a.m. Tuesday.
Grossman says the front of the box truck and rear of the trailer burst into flames.
Grossman says the driver of the box truck, 33-year-old Phillip Frey of Toms River, died.
The UPS driver was not injured.
Southbound turnpike traffic was diverted at Interchange 9 in East Brunswick until 6:15 a.m.
The accident investigation remains ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey turnpike, accident, new jersey news
- Newtown 911 calls released
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week 31 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze' 15 min ago
- Derailment survivor remembers sister who died 16 min ago
- Mayor-elect de Blasio names deputy mayor
- Moriches boat crash injures 3 fishermen
- Search for missing teenager in Linden, New Jersey
- Woman's body discovered in Rochelle Park
- 5-year old girl from East Harlem found
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Bad Dog: Sunny knocks over child at holiday party
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
15 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild Week
31 min ago