New Jersey News
Springsteen's daughter lobbies for animal rights
TRENTON, N.J. -- The famously liberal Bruce Springsteen has never said anything publicly about one of his biggest fans, New Jersey's Republican Gov. Chris Christie.
But the Boss' 20-year-old daughter is addressing Christie.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says accomplished equestrian Jessica Springsteen has signed a letter urging Christie to sign a bill that would ban slaughtering horses in the state.
New Jersey's Legislature passed the bill in June.
There's no word on what the governor intends to do with the bill.
<center>Get Eyewitness News Delivered</center>
new jersey, chris christie, bruce springsteen, animal abuse, new jersey news
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 28 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Investigation after police shoot suspect in Conn.
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile