New Jersey News
Springsteen's daughter lobbies for animal rights
TRENTON, N.J. -- The famously liberal Bruce Springsteen has never said anything publicly about one of his biggest fans, New Jersey's Republican Gov. Chris Christie.
But the Boss' 20-year-old daughter is addressing Christie.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says accomplished equestrian Jessica Springsteen has signed a letter urging Christie to sign a bill that would ban slaughtering horses in the state.
New Jersey's Legislature passed the bill in June.
There's no word on what the governor intends to do with the bill.
<center>Get Eyewitness News Delivered</center>
new jersey, chris christie, bruce springsteen, animal abuse, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Baruch College student dies in apparent frat ritual
- Fire burns through house in New Brunswick 8 min ago
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Newtown school shooting vigils planned for Thursday
- Mandela interpreter says he was hallucinating
- George Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker after big loss
- Software engineer teaches homeless man how to code
- Photos: New Brunswick, New Jersey house fire
- Photos: A look at Gracie Mansion
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos