New Jersey News
Springsteen's daughter lobbies for animal rights
TRENTON, N.J. -- The famously liberal Bruce Springsteen has never said anything publicly about one of his biggest fans, New Jersey's Republican Gov. Chris Christie.
But the Boss' 20-year-old daughter is addressing Christie.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says accomplished equestrian Jessica Springsteen has signed a letter urging Christie to sign a bill that would ban slaughtering horses in the state.
New Jersey's Legislature passed the bill in June.
There's no word on what the governor intends to do with the bill.
<center>Get Eyewitness News Delivered</center>
new jersey, chris christie, bruce springsteen, animal abuse, new jersey news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter 3 min ago
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 40 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 50 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos