New Jersey News
Springsteen's daughter lobbies for animal rights
TRENTON, N.J. -- The famously liberal Bruce Springsteen has never said anything publicly about one of his biggest fans, New Jersey's Republican Gov. Chris Christie.
But the Boss' 20-year-old daughter is addressing Christie.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals says accomplished equestrian Jessica Springsteen has signed a letter urging Christie to sign a bill that would ban slaughtering horses in the state.
New Jersey's Legislature passed the bill in June.
There's no word on what the governor intends to do with the bill.
<center>Get Eyewitness News Delivered</center>
new jersey, chris christie, bruce springsteen, animal abuse, new jersey news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen