New Jersey News
Call for bodega workers to wear bulletproof vests
NEWARK (WABC) -- There is a call for area bodega workers to receive and wear bulletproof vests.
The idea comes after Jamil Bader Junior was killed during an attempted robbery at his family's store in Newark on Thursday.
Bodega Association Spokesman Fernando Mateo met with Newark Mayor Cory Booker Sunday about the proposal.
Mateo also said that bodega owners should be encouraged to own firearms.
Members of Bader's family joined Mateo at the meeting at Newark City Hall.
The mayor did not make any public comments.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, cory booker, new jersey news
- 4 dead, 280 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder 24 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Bronx sweep nets suspected gang members
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault 55 min ago
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village...
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
24 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos