New Jersey News
Call for bodega workers to wear bulletproof vests
NEWARK (WABC) -- There is a call for area bodega workers to receive and wear bulletproof vests.
The idea comes after Jamil Bader Junior was killed during an attempted robbery at his family's store in Newark on Thursday.
Bodega Association Spokesman Fernando Mateo met with Newark Mayor Cory Booker Sunday about the proposal.
Mateo also said that bodega owners should be encouraged to own firearms.
Members of Bader's family joined Mateo at the meeting at Newark City Hall.
The mayor did not make any public comments.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, newark, cory booker, new jersey news
- Car fire causing lane closures on the LIE 10 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 25 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
25 min ago