New Jersey News
Jersey City mom accused of leaving kids home alone
JERSEY CITY -- Child endangerment charged have been filed against a Jersey City woman who allegedly left her five young children home alone for at least two hours.
Twenty-seven-year-old Shanna Robinson was arrested early Wednesday after she went to a hospital where authorities had taken her children as a precaution.
Robinson told officers she had gone to the store at 10 p.m. Tuesday to buy milk and lost track of the time.
The children, who range in age from 3 months to 8 years, were discovered when police responded to their home around 10:20 p.m., after someone called there 911 and hung up.
Officers say all the children appeared to be in good health. The kids will be in foster care until a judge says they can return home.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, jersey city, child endangerment, new jersey news
- Sources confirm subway child is missing NYC boy 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 24 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Metro-North worker fatally struck by train in NYC
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies
- UCONN sophomore accuses sorority sisters of hazing
- CT hockey referee arrested after removing child from ice
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Sources confirm subway child is missing NYC...
2 min ago