New Jersey News
Burglaries on the rise in Teaneck, New Jersey
TEANECK, New Jersey (WABC) -- A warning for people in one New Jersey community after police say they have seen a big jump in the number of burglaries over Rosh Hashanah and other religious holidays.
The police call it the third quadrant of Teaneck, but it's prettier than its name.
Lovely homes on tree lined streets, family homes, and in the area with the burglaries, many of the families are Jewish.
In just a three block area last week during Rosh Hashanah, three homes were burglarized, that's more than happened in all of September last year in the third quadrant.
All of them in broad daylight, brazen burglaries while some neighbors were outside.
Neighbors are worried because there are so many children in the neighborhood.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, new jersey news
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- Photos: Boston Marathon: One year later
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen
- 3 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card 11 min ago
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Man says he was unjustly pepper sprayed by police
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos