New Jersey News
Fire spurs evacuation of nursing home
EMERSON, N.J. -- Dozens of residents and staffers had to evacuate a northern New Jersey nursing home when a small fire broke out in the boiler room and sent smoke throughout the building.
The fire at the Emerson Health and Rehabilitation Center was reported around 10 a.m. Sunday and was quickly doused.
But the smoky conditions forced about 135 people to flee the building, and they had not been allowed to re-enter as of early Sunday afternoon.
Emerson Borough Fire Chief Joseph Castrovillari tells The Record (http://bit.ly/SqzZ5Y) that two minor injuries were reported, but he did not know who was injured or what types of injuries they suffered.
It's not yet known what sparked the fire.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bergen county, fire, new jersey news
- Thousands run final mile of Boston Marathon 10 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend 59 min ago
- Sandy-damaged New York Aquarium reopens this weekend
- Bethpage Air Show cancelled for Saturday due to weather
- 2 killed, 1 missing in upstate New York plane crash
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Teen questioned in Queens bus shooting released
- Amanda Bynes speaks out about arrest
- abcnews: Cleveland Women Can Keep Captor's Dogs
- Photos: Circle 7 at GMA's Summer Concert Series
- Photos: Boston Marathon Last Mile 30 min ago