New Jersey News
Funeral service Friday for teen killed in Bloomfield crash
BLOOMFIELD (WABC) -- Funeral services will be held in New Jersey Friday for a teenager killed in a car crash last weekend.
Hundreds of mourners turned out at a wake in Bloomfield Thursday night to pay their respects to 16-year-old Christina Lembo.
Friends remember Lembo, a junior at Bloomfield High School, as a sweet, smart athlete.
Four other people were hurt in the crash, none of them seriously. The driver, Omar Baldeon, was consumed with thoughts of what, if anything, he could have done differently.
Baldeon was driving with two classmates in the car just after 11 p.m. when a black Camaro that eyewitnesses believe was drag racing with another car blind-sided him, slamming into his Honda Civic.
No charges have yet been filed. The case is expected to go to a grand jury.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bloomfield, essex county, accident, new jersey news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor 20 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- Two more possible bias attacks investigated in New York City
- Accident involving fire truck at accident-prone corner
- Connecticut rail service to return to normal Wednesday
- The return of the Green Card Scammer
- Rangers lose 2-1 to Bruins, now 0-3 in series
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos