New Jersey News
Funeral service Friday for teen killed in Bloomfield crash
BLOOMFIELD (WABC) -- Funeral services will be held in New Jersey Friday for a teenager killed in a car crash last weekend.
Hundreds of mourners turned out at a wake in Bloomfield Thursday night to pay their respects to 16-year-old Christina Lembo.
Friends remember Lembo, a junior at Bloomfield High School, as a sweet, smart athlete.
Four other people were hurt in the crash, none of them seriously. The driver, Omar Baldeon, was consumed with thoughts of what, if anything, he could have done differently.
Baldeon was driving with two classmates in the car just after 11 p.m. when a black Camaro that eyewitnesses believe was drag racing with another car blind-sided him, slamming into his Honda Civic.
No charges have yet been filed. The case is expected to go to a grand jury.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, bloomfield, essex county, accident, new jersey news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey