New Jersey News
Workers injured in blast at industrial building
EAST RUTHERFORD (WABC) -- Two workers suffered burns in an explosion and fire inside an East Rutherford industrial building on Tuesday.
The victims are believed to work inside the Sun Chemical Corp plant at 390 Central Avenue in East Rutherford.
According to officials, carbon dust in the building's dust collection system sparked, causing a explosion and fire.
The two burned workers were taken to the hospital.
At least four other workers were treated for exposure at the scene.
Firefighters who put out the fire were also checked out at the scene.
The building did not sustain any structural damage.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, workers injured, new jersey news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos