New Jersey News
Workers injured in blast at industrial building
EAST RUTHERFORD (WABC) -- Two workers suffered burns in an explosion and fire inside an East Rutherford industrial building on Tuesday.
The victims are believed to work inside the Sun Chemical Corp plant at 390 Central Avenue in East Rutherford.
According to officials, carbon dust in the building's dust collection system sparked, causing a explosion and fire.
The two burned workers were taken to the hospital.
At least four other workers were treated for exposure at the scene.
Firefighters who put out the fire were also checked out at the scene.
The building did not sustain any structural damage.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, workers injured, new jersey news
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man in coma after Long Island City hit and run
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control 33 min ago
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Mega Millions jackpot at $309 million after no winner 22 min ago
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks head
- Photos: Stolen jewelry items in Ramsey robbery