New Jersey News
Workers injured in blast at industrial building
EAST RUTHERFORD (WABC) -- Two workers suffered burns in an explosion and fire inside an East Rutherford industrial building on Tuesday.
The victims are believed to work inside the Sun Chemical Corp plant at 390 Central Avenue in East Rutherford.
According to officials, carbon dust in the building's dust collection system sparked, causing a explosion and fire.
The two burned workers were taken to the hospital.
At least four other workers were treated for exposure at the scene.
Firefighters who put out the fire were also checked out at the scene.
The building did not sustain any structural damage.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, east rutherford, workers injured, new jersey news
- At least 2 dead, 14 hurt in East Harlem explosion 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion 9 min ago
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site 22 min ago
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million