New Jersey News
Announced Justin Bieber concert not happening in Newark
NEWARK (WABC) -- A lot of anger and disappointment today for fans of pop star Justin Bieber.
Those fans were told that the teen sensation was going to perform at a small venue in Newark at the end of the month.
Some tickets were even raffled off, but now the entire event is off and there's a lot of finger pointing as to why.
Stadium representatives explain they signed a contract for the Justin Bieber concert late last week and started promoting it yesterday.
But late this afternoon concert plans started to unravel.
Newark Bears attorneys are now accusing Sky Island Productions, the company that allegedly brokered the deal of fraud.
Bears owner Danielle Dronet thought she had a done deal and that Bieber would perform in front of 9,000 people on October 28th as part of their second annual stadium of screams.
But her team got worried after hearing Bieber's publicity called the announcement "pure fraud."
"The red flag came from the fact that we couldn't recant the story. We did not want to further misinform anybody or go forward with something that we thought was concrete," said Mark Hannan.
Team reps say they have stopped all promotion of the event.
The promoter was not available for comment.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new jersey, justin bieber, new jersey news
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth 8 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 2 killed in motorcycle accident in Queens
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Biker killed in Bronx collision
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Video: Holiday shoppers enjoying warm weather
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
8 min ago